Monday, January 15, 2007

Book Review #1

Title: Knitting Rules!: The Yarn Harlot's Bag of Knitting Tricks
Author: Stephanie Pearl McPhee, aka "The Yarn Harlot"

Review:

Normally, I'm drawn to big, glossy knitting books. You know, the ones with the beautiful pictures on the front and the big, glossy photos of all the projects inside? That is probably why, in the past year of browsing knitting books, I've passed up this book so many times.

Big Mistake.

Mc Phee, more affectionately known as "The Yarn Harlot", breaks down every standard knitting project -- from the basic scarf to the complicated sock -- in easy to understand language. I always thought that turning a heel for a sock was rocket science. The Yarn Harlot taught me that it merely requires some patience. There isn't much to say about this book other than if you are a knitter and you don't have this book, or if you are thinking about starting to knit: BUY IT!. I wish now that this had been the first knitting book that I bought.

I give this book: 4 balls of yarn.

-- Kristy

No comments: